The Fall semester is around the corner for most universities in the U.S. From running across campus in between classes to running on fewer hours of sleep, time is precious. Who has the time to look put together when you can barely wake up on time for that 8 a.m. class? There is an inevitable time crunch that every college student begins to feel as the leaves start to fall. These are my seven holy grail beauty products for back to campus, that will keep you looking fresh and awake for all your classes, even when all you want to do is pull out a pillow and drift off.
- Moisturizing Primer: I have dry to normal skin, so I like to have that dewy feel to my skin, which makes my makeup go on much smoother. A moisturizing primer, such as the Foundation Primer in Radiance, provides extra hydration for my skin all while creating a barrier between my skin and the makeup.
- Tinted moisturizer, BB or CC cream: On a day to day basis foundation can feel a but heavy on the skin by the end of the day. Opt for a tinted moisturizer, BB or CC cream that can provide coverage while providing extra benefits for your skin such as hydration, spot correction, acne control, etc. Two really great ones are the Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 and the Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25 PA++. Both help protect the skin by providing SPF.
- Concealer: concealer is a great way to get some extra coverage on problem areas such as dark spots, acne, or under eye circles. I personally use mine to cover up dark spots. My favorite is the Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard.
- Bronzer: Now I don’t always do this, but sometimes when I have the extra time I like to warm up my skin with a bronzer to give it a bit of definition and warmth. The Soleil Matte Bronzer is the best. It gives you a natural glow and doesn’t make you look orange like some other bronzers do.
- Lip balm: My lips are usually very dry so I always like to carry around a lip balm to apply to my lips when they are feeling dehydrated. The Lip Butter is a perfect non sticky formula that lasts forever on lips. I have the colors Jasmine which is a light sheer pink and Pomegranate which is a sheer coral color.
- Mascara: If I had to pick one eye product to use for the rest of my life, I would choose mascara. Not only does mascara provide definition to my eye area, on days when I am reluctant to get out of bed it helps open up my eyes to give them a wide awake look. Better Than Sex Mascara is one of the best mascaras I have ever used. It make my lashes look full and long and super fanned out.
- Dry shampoo: Now I have tried a bunch of dry shampoos and most of them didn’t really cut it for me. Yeah they made my hair less greasy but they also made my hair stiff and chalky. Some of them had scents I didn’t really care for as well. So I didn’t really jump on the bandwagon for this product until I found Detox Dry Shampoo. This is hands down the best dry shampoo I have ever used. The smell is great, it lifts your roots, and it does not leave behind a white residue. It is perfect for when you don’t have time to wash your hair the night before. You just spritz a bit on your roots in the morning and trust me you are good to go. I have repurchased this product many times and will continue to repurchase. A must have!