With colleges and universities across the country starting up again around this time of year, I thought I’d share with you the essential items I like to take with me to campus. As a commuter who takes the NYC subway to campus daily, I try to keep my bag as light as possible and only carry what I absolutely need for that day of classes. This is usually:
- My laptop (and sometimes a charger, depending on how long I am going to be on campus for the day)
- 1 or 2 notebooks, depending on the classes for the day. I get mine from MUJI. They are great quality and inexpensive.
- A folder to carry around spare papers.
- A pencil case with all my pens, pencils, erasers, etc. I use this one from Amazon and it is perfect. Slender and cute but still roomy.
- My iPhone
- An extra iPhone charger
- A wallet, MICHAEL Michael Kors Travel Zip Around Continental Wallet
- A water bottle or thermos. I am currently using My Bottle which can be found on Amazon.com
- lip Balm
- **an umbrella (only if it is predicted to rain that day)
I know this may seem like a lot of items to carry but trust me it isn’t, especially once I throw everything into my Longchamp tote bag. There are of course other items I may need to carry at times, like lunch or a KIND bar, lab coats and goggles for orgo lab etc, but these are the absolute bare minimum I carry every single day. I really would like to know what you keep in your bag so comment below 🙂 I hope you enjoyed this post!